Image Map

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Meal planner here



Tuesday I planned to make stuffed peppers as you may see on the board. I began doing a menu board when I had the little dude (H1) and I was in grad school. I needed a plan for dinner or else I would get super stressed about what to make as the evening approached. The menu board also helped with grocery shopping. We would usually take a look at the Publix ad (shout out to Pulix, the best grocery store ever!), see what meats and veggies were on sale and then I planned our meals from what we purchased that week.
(Kind of hard to see but Sunday: Gourmet Grilled Cheese,  Monday: Mexican, Tuesday: Stuffed Green Peppers, Wednesday: Pasta, Thursday: Fish & Green Beans and Rice, Friday: Pizza & Salad. Detail is lacking this week because I'm just starting this up again after a year plus off)

I feel like this worked better when I had one kiddo. Now I attempt to go through with my plan and some times it happens and well… some times it doesn’t.






Like Tuesday, plan: stuffed green peppers.
Reality: breakfast sausage, salad, steamed veggies for H2, Ritz crackers, hand full of shredded cheese on the kids plates and thank goodness Jay works somewhere that has a great cafeteria because he brought home a side of Quinoa salad.

My hope is to get a protein, dairy, grain and veggie on their plate each night, they consume fruit on and off all day so I don’t worry about that as much at dinnertime

Give yourself a little grace. I think its important to have a meal that is balanced and gets myself and my family the nutrients we need to be healthy but some days that may come in a to go container and other days some random compilation things in my fridge or freezer.

 PS. As I’m typing this ground beef is browning for Tuesday’s stuffed pepper (its Thursday).
I'm using this recipe from Allrecipes.com stuffed green peppers

H2 is constantly at my feet while I cook dinner. H1 used to be the same way! I think the smell draws them in. 

Heres a just added pepper pic, not baked with cheese yet but you get the gist. 
I like diversity so I went green, yellow, orange and red stuffed pepper :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment