Image Map

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Today seems quite appropriate for my first blog post. Exactly one year ago to date we finished packing our things, at least the belongings we thought we "needed" for the next few months and I, with my 3 month old, and my husband with our 3 year old made the trek from TN to OH.

As I drove in my car (actually a borrowed car from my in-laws) and my hubby in his there were thoughts swirling in my head. Was this a good idea? Did I forget the coffee maker? How was it going to work living with my parents again? Would our house sell quickly? Did I want our house to sell quickly? Where would I stop to nurse my daughter?
The questions were random. Some about the future and some about the present.
Then we crossed from KY to OH and the snow began to swirl just like my confusion and fears. The questions turned to statement. This was probably a bad idea. What the (insert curse word here) was I thinking! Oh crap.

November 15th will always hold a serious spot in my heart and mind. A big life change, definitely the hardest yet (and I say yet because from my experience so far life is as unpredictable as the weather in this crazy state of Ohio.)

I'll elaborate more on this journey, I'm sure, but the point of this post is to say that one year later, we made it. We are not miserable. I am happily typing away in the sunroom off the back of our house. OUR HOUSE, not my parents living room or our friends house or the rental (all of which we lived this past year). We are truly blessed beyond measure and I look forward to sharing some stories, and encouragement!
Thanks,
Sara

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the blog Sara! I look forward to following. Our family is so glad your family made the journey back to Ohio and we look forward to our families growing up together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet! So glad we signed up for the same soccer for our boys this past fall! I'm sure our little dudes and little ladies will give us lots of laughs & fun stories together!! :)

      Delete